As a building occupant, you need to be familiar with your emergency action plan (coming soon).
Keep the following in mind as you read through the document:
- Evacuation routes, exit points, and where to report for roll call after evacuating the building.
- When and how to evacuate the building.
- Locations of emergency supplies and materials that may be needed in an emergency, such as pull alarms and first aid kits.
- Additional responsibilities (such as being a floor roll taker).
- Fire hazards.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials or processes in and around the work area, as well any means of protecting yourself in the event of an emergency.
Yvonne Maddux, Dean's office